The purpose of the Strategic Plan Implementation Steering Committee is to provide high-level coordination of the specific operational plans for the strategic objectives of the plan. The steering committee ensures that alignment occurs across the various areas of the college responsible for executing the strategic objectives and provides recommendations to the senior leadership team. Membership on the committee is representative of broad areas of the college. The Strategic Plan Implementation Steering Committee reports directly to the executive vice president.
Specific Functions of the Committee
- Coordinate the specific operational plans for the strategic objectives and facilitate regular communication with individuals with lead accountability for objectives.
- Develop an implementation tracking system for the strategic objectives, goals/outcomes, and metrics/indicators.
- Establish a regular system of monitoring the plan with reports of progress annually/biannually on achievement of the plan. Establish and provide a "Report Card" of strategic plan on an annual basis.
- Assess ongoing relevance of strategic initiatives based on new environmental factors and make recommendations for re-calibration as warranted to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Develop a communications plan for the ongoing results and progress of the strategic plan, including recommendations for recognizing and celebrating success of the achievements of the strategic plan progress.
- Pat Shuster, VP of Administration, Chair
- Alicia Finn, Dean of Students, Vice-Chair
- Peter Cordella, Professor, Faculty Senator
- Bill Furlong, Assistant VP for Facilities and Auxiliary Services
- Nancy Griffin, Dean of Admissions
- Tricia Guanci, Assistant VP for Alumni Relations and College Advancement Programming
- Hui-Ling Chen, Director of Institutional Research