NMR Laboratory - Room 1104
- Bruker AC-200 Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectrometer
Laser Laboratory - Room 1105
- Laser VSL337 Nitrogen Pumped Dye
- Laser Red Diode
This equipment is used primarily in undergraduate physical chemistry laboratory.
Physical Chemistry Research Laboratory - Room 1107
- Thermo Elemental S Series Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer (Absorption/Emission)
- Pine Research WaveNow Potentiostat and Electrochemical cell
The Atomic Absorption Spectrometer is used in both classes and research to determine the elemental content in samples such as ancient bronze coins, orange juice, paint chips, and wine.
Spectroscopy Laboratory - Room 1108
- Hewlett Packard 8453 Diode Array UV/Vis Spectrophotometer
- Hitachi F-4500 Fluorescence Spectrophotometer
- Perkin Elmer System 2000 FT-IR with optional photoacoustic cell and Attenuated Total Reflectance (ATR) sampling accessory
- Bruker Vertex 70 FT-IR
These molecular spectroscopic instruments are used in both classes and research to characterize samples such as pollens, fluorescence glow sticks, sports drinks, and quantum dots.
Balance Room - Room 1110
- Johnson Mathey Susceptibility Balance
Analytical Laboratory - Room 1111
- VWR Scientific sympHony pH/ISE/Conductivity Meter
- Automatic Temperature Compensation (for use with sympHony meter)
- Posi-pHIo Ag/AgCl pH Electrode (for use with sympHony meter)
- Combination Fluoride Ion Selective Electrode (ISE) (for use with sympHony meter)
- Thermo Scientific Thermolyne Benchtop Muffle Furnace
Environmental/Analytical Research Laboratory - 1113
- Leeman Laboratories PS-100 Inductively Coupled Plasma Atomic Emission Spectrometer
- DigiPrep Jr. Digestion System
Inductiviely coupled plasma atomic emission spectrometry is used in both classes and research to determine the elemental content of samples such as apples, milk products, construction mortars, and ancient coins.
General Chemistry Laboratory - 2102
- Oakton pH meters (2)
- Beckman pH meters (4)
- Ocean Optics USB2000 Spectrometers (4)
- Pasco Science Workshop Interfaces (6) with pH sensors (6), temperature sensors (6), colorimeter (1), and pressure sensors (6)
- Vernier LabQuest2 (2) with photogates (2), pH sensors (2), ion-selective electrodes (2), radiation monitor (1), voltage and conductivity probe (1).
This lab is used exclusively as a teaching lab, for use with General Chemistry students.
Organic Prep Room - Room 2106
- Fischer Refractometers (2)
- Mel-temps (4)
- Fischer-Johns Melting Point Apparati (2)
- Milestone Microwave Workstation
Organic Instrument Room - Room 2108
- Nicolet Avatar 320 Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrophotometer
- Hewlett Packard 5890 Series II Capillary Gas Chromatograph with Flame Ionization Detector and autosampler
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Trace 1310 Gas Chromatograph with ISQ Mass Spectrometer Detector and autosampler
- Perkin-Elmer Series 100 Isocratic HPLC pump
- Varian ProStar UV/Vis HPLC system with Workstation
- Cary 50 Scan UV/Vis Spectrophotometer
Instrumentation in this room is used by all upper division classes and research students. It can be used to identify unknown substances, confirm the success of a synthesis, and analyze samples for specific contents or impurities. Recent projects have included identifying products in the process of synthesizing dopamine agonists and novel organic molecules and identifyingNMR Laboratory - Room 2109
- Bruker Shielded 300 MHz Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectrometer
Instrumentation in this room is used by the Organic Chemistry students to aid in the determination of a chemical's structure.