- Full-time degree candidates from any major.
- Formal registration for the minor should be completed no later than the second semester of the junior year.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of "C+" is required at the time of registration.
- Successful completion of five courses selected from the following (see below): 2 computer science, 2 fine arts, and cognitive psychology. No course for which a grade of less than "C" is earned will be accepted toward the minor.
- A final project that demonstrates the student's competency in Web design and development. The project could include the development and design of a new Web site or the evaluation and redesign of an existing site.
- A comprehensive oral examination including presentation of the final project.
Computer Science Courses
Students must pick 2 courses from the list below one of which must be CS205 or CS250 or CS338:
- CS101 Digital Literacy (formerly Computer Applications)
- CS205 Fundamentals and Issues of Using the Internet
- CS250 Human Computer Interaction
- CS270 Database Management
- CS338 Internet and Web-Based Systems
- CS450 Selected Topics as appropriate and approved by the chair of the minor.
Fine Arts Courses
Students must pick 2 courses from:
- FAS270 Visual Communication
- FAS272 Digital Art and Imaging I
- FAS372 Digital Art and Imaging II
- FAS376 Art and Design for the Web
- Special Topics as appropriate and approved by the chair for the minor.
Students must complete the course below:
- PY304 Cognitive Psychology