The Fine Arts Department awards a minor for advanced work in studio art, art history, music, theatre arts, film studies, or computer graphics to full-time students not majoring in fine arts.
- Full-time, degree-candidate status at Saint Anselm College.
- Formal registration and acceptance into the minor should be completed not later than the first semester of the junior year.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of "C+" is required at the time of registration.
- Successful completion of five courses, including either Introduction to Art, or Introduction to Music and Musicians, or with permission an art or music history course; three courses specific to the student's area of concentration (studio art, art history, music, theatre arts, film or computer graphics); and one course in a related field, chosen in consultation with the director of the minor. No course for which a grade of less than "C" is earned will be accepted toward the minor.
- A final project consisting of either a comprehensive critical or historical paper, or an oral/visual presentation of a research project related to the arts, a concert or a portfolio, accompanied by a written rationale.
- A comprehensive oral examination including presentation of the final project.