1992 - Ph.D., University of Texas at Austin (TX) Peninsular Literature
1987 - M.A., Bowling Green State University.
1984 - B.S., Bradley University.
Areas of Specialization: Spanish Children's Literature, 19th and 20th Century Peninsular Literature, Gender Studies, Feminist Literature
The heart of my literary interests lies in Spain and specifically in folklore and literature for children and adolescents. Currently, my projects include the transcription of several interviews with well-known author Elvira Lindo. Lindo has written the popular Spanish children's series Manolito Gafotas and is currently one of Spain's most prominent figures in bestselling fiction for adults, as an editorialist for such newspapers as El Pais, and as a film critic and screenwriter.
- SP201-SP201 Intermediate Spanish: Healthcare Spanish
- SP301-SP302 Advanced Spanish: Grammar and Composition
- SP357 Introduction to Spanish Literature
- SP362 Eighteenth and Nineteenth Spanish Literature
- SP363 Contemporary Spanish Literature
- SP371 ST: Spanish Translation
- SP371 ST: Spanish Children's Literature
- SP371 ST: Generation of '98
- SP371 ST: Spanish Women Writers