A minor in Asian Studies builds on the grounding students have received in the cultures of the West and expands this formation by introducing students to forms of governance and commerce, genres of art, and ways of talking about human life and divine agency that are part of the cultures and the peoples of Asia.
- Full-time degree-candidate status at Saint Anselm College.
- Formal registration with the director of the minor, ordinarily no later than the first semester of the third year of studies.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of C+.
- Successful completion of five courses with Asian studies content, with no more than two courses taken in the same department. Courses taken to fulfill minor requirements must be approved proved by the director of the minor.
- A minimum average grade of C+ must be maintained in the courses applied toward the minor. No course grade below a C will be applied toward the minor.
- Successful completion of a comprehensive examination prepared and evaluated by faculty members who teach minor-related courses.