Technical Requirements for Online Learning
- A computer capable of running current software and web browsers.
- For PC: Windows XP or higher
- For Mac: Mac OS X, version 10.3 or higher
- Sound card
- Speakers (headset with microphone recommended)
- Internet access
- 56 kbps modem (DSL or cable modem strongly recommended)
- Web browser (Internet Explorer 7 or higher, Firefox 3 or higher)
- Additional Software or Plug-ins:
- Microsoft Office 2000 or higher / Microsoft Open Office (alternative)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (http://get.adobe.com/reader)
- Important Media Players
- Flash player (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer)
- For PC user: Windows Media Player (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/windows-media-player)
- For Mac user: Quick Time Player (http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download
Assistance and support
There are various ways to seek technical assistance through the Office of Information Technology:
- Via telephone: (603) 222-4295: Staff is available during the Institute's regular hours of operation.
- Via email: email@example.com We will respond as quickly as possible when staff is in the office as per the Institute's Regular Hours of Operation.
We will support issues related to using our online learning courses only. If your computer or Internet connection is malfunctioning, please contact the appropriate support resource through your vendor.