Ph.D., Physics, 1988, Oregon State University
M.S., Physics, 1986, Oregon State University
B.S., Physics, 1982, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Teaching and Activities
- Assistant Professor, Saint Anselm College, 1988-present
Elementary Physics I & II, General Physics I & II, Classical Physics I & II, Astronomy, Geology, Engineering Mechanics I & II, Strength of Materials, Electrical Circuits
- Teaching Assistant, Oregon State University, 1982-85
- Writer of Odyssey Magazine astronomy columns
- Science-by-Mail volunteer scientist
My background is in elementary particle physics. My most recent directed research projects carried out by students involved the study of buoyancy and acoustics respectively. I have developed a significant set of course materials for the Classical Physics sequence. See Calculus-Based Physics.
- Calculus-Based Physics, A free physics textbook, Jeffrey W. Schnick, 2006
- "Projectile Motion Details", Jeffrey W. Schnick, The Physics Teacher 32, 266 (1993).
- "Microscopic Calculation of Antikaon Atomic and Lambda* Hypernuclear Carbon", P.J. Fink, Jr., J.W. Schnick, R.H. Landau, Phys. Rev. C 42, 232 (1990)