Among the National Organization's Requirements for Membership* Are:
Membership in Psi Chi is an earned honor which is for life. A permanent record of your membership is preserved at the Psi Chi National Office and may be used for reference purposes such as applications for graduate school and jobs. The Psi Chi national membership fee is $45. This one-time fee is for lifetime membership, a certificate suitable for framing, and a membership card. There are no annual national dues, but each chapter may have fees
Membership is open to graduate and undergraduate men and women who are making the study of psychology one of their main interests and who meet the minimum qualifications.*
- Completion of at least 3 semesters or 5 quarters of the college course.
- Completion of 9 semester hours or 14 quarter hours of psychology.
- Registration for major or minor standing in psychology or for a program psychological in nature which is equivalent to such standings.
- Undergraduates who are elected to Psi Chi much rank in the upper 35 percent of their class (sophomore, junior, senior) in general scholarship. They must also demonstrate superior scholarship in psychology, earning a minimum GPA in psychology courses of 3.00. Psi Chi accepts the policy of the institution regarding grades.
- For graduate students, an average grade of "B" or better in all graduate courses, including psychology.
- High standards of personal behavior.
- Two-thirds affirmative vote of those present at a regular meeting of the chapter.
*Any chapter may establish minimum scholastic qualifications that are higher than those listed above.