Our nursing program, celebrated its 57th year in 2009-2010. Through the years the program has produced more than 2,500 graduates. Whether it's completing graduate studies, holding prestigious leadership positions, or caring for patients, Saint Anselm's nursing graduates continue to serve as valuable resources in the health care community.
- Listed below are just a few of the many reasons for choosing to major in nursing at Saint Anselm:
- the program is nationally accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- we are approved by the New Hampshire State Board of Nursing
- a low faculty-student ratio of 8:1 in clinical settings
- a curriculum that focuses on early clinical courses in nursing
- excellent clinical placements in medical centers, clinics, and community settings
- caring, well-prepared, and experienced faculty
- an established preceptorship program that offers nursing students intensive clinical experience during their senior year
We are pleased that you are interested in Saint Anselm's Department of Nursing and the nursing profession, which continually ranks high in honesty and ethics in Gallup Polls. Our program, built upon the college's Benedictine tradition, emphasizes both of these qualities plus numerous others. We incorporate within our curriculum the most recent changes in health care, preparing our graduates to enter immediately into a variety of employment opportunities following graduation.