Main Content

Incoming & Prospective Students

The Office of International Programs along with the international students and entire college community, want to congratulate you on your admission to Saint Anselm College. You made a great choice and we look forward to you joining and contributing to our campus community here at Saint Anselm! We hope that this website will help you navigate through the initial process of obtaining a U.S. visa, arriving here on campus, and any questions you may have during the academic year.

International students must have a visa to attend school in the United States.  All international students are required by law to be full-time students in order to get a student visa. For full-time status, Saint Anselm College students enroll in a minimum of 12 credits. In order to graduate within four years all student should enroll in 16 credits each semester.

What is SEVIS?

SEVIS is the web-based tracking system that is used by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to monitor all non-immigrants. SEVIS stands for the "Student and Exchange Visitor Information System". The I-20 form that you received is a SEVIS-issued I-20, and has a bar code for scanning at all U.S ports of entry. You must first pay a I-901 SEVIS fee before your consulate appointment.

Please check that all information on the I-20 is accurate, sign on the designated line, and have it with you whenever you enter or leave the United States.

F-1 Visa

An F-1 visa allows you to enter the United States as a non-immigrant International Student to attend school. Prospective F-1 students will receive an I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant Student Status) form from Saint Anselm College. Take all pages of this form to your nearest U.S. Consulate to apply for a student visa. The name on the I-20 should match the name on your passport. Note the financial portion of the I-20 that indicates the amount of money you (or your parents) are expected to contribute at Saint Anselm under Personal Funds. Strictly speaking, the U.S. embassy will require you to provide documents that prove you have personal funds for your entire program in the U.S. Each U.S. Embassy will require different documentation based on the location.

View Mobile Site