In order to be eligible for the Semester in Orvieto Program you must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher and be in good academic and disciplinary standing. If you fall out of good academic or disciplinary standing at any time prior to going abroad, you will no longer be permitted to study abroad.
When Can Students Study Abroad in Orvieto?
You may study abroad in the Semester in Orvieto Program during the spring of your sophomore or junior year. If you want to study abroad during the spring of your senior year, you must petition to do so. Seniors will only be eligible to participate in the program if it does not conflict with senior seminar classes or other graduation requirements.
In order to apply to the Semester in Orvieto program you are required to submit:
- Online application form
- A short essay (2-3 paragraphs) explaining why you have chosen the Semester in Orvieto program and how you see this program enhancing your course of study and academic growth at Saint Anselm College. You will upload the essay when you submit the online application.
- Complete Recommendation Form (PDF/200KB) filled out by your Resident Director, Area Coordinator, work-study supervisor, coach, academic advisor.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis starting April 10.
Once accepted you will need to submit the Semester in Orvieto Intent to Enroll Form with a $500 non-refundable deposit within two weeks of your acceptance to the program. If the completed form and deposit are not received within two weeks it is assumed you forfeit your spot on the program. The $500 deposit will be accepted as a check or money order made payable to 'Saint Anselm College'. You are also required to complete a number of Enrollment Forms by the deadline outlined in the program acceptance letter, generally late November.
Enrollment Forms include the following:
- Passport Copy
- Waiver of Liability & Release
- Medical Form and Communication Authorization Form
These forms are completed online on the Study Abroad Portal.
- Spring Semester: October 15