How to apply for BI222 - Field Studies in Tropical Biology
- Contact Prof. Berry or Prof. LaPlante to confirm eligibility to enroll (pre-requisite: one year of college-level biology).
- Visit the study abroad website to create an on-line study abroad account and begin the application paperwork. Note: you will need to first create an account; then login to that account and apply to Program Country: Belize.
- Bring a $500 deposit (checks payable to Saint Anselm College) to the study abroad office (third floor Cushing Hall) by the application deadline.
Other points to consider
- Course costs are estimated to be $3,800 - $4,500. Includes summer tuition, airfare, housing, ground transfers, and most meals in Belize. The final cost will depend on the number of students enrolled and price of airfare.
- Equipment costs. To travel and study safely in the tropics requires certain specialized clothing and equipment. Download the class packing list (PDF/116KB) to preview these items. More information on packing advice and restrictions will be provided during a mandatory class orientation/informational meeting during the Spring semester.
- Participation is limited to 12 students per year. Students enrolled in the course will have their deposit credited toward course fees.
- Cancellation Policy: If for any reason a student chooses to withdraw from this course, notification must be submitted in writing to the instructor(s) and must include the reason for requesting withdrawal. Verbal statements of withdrawal will not be considered as notification of withdrawal; therefore the student will still be considered a participant until written notification is received by the instructor(s). Availability for refund will be based on the date of written notification for withdrawal.
If a student withdraws from a program less than 30 days prior to the program's start, we cannot guarantee the refund of any expenses. In the event that extreme circumstances during the 30 days prior to the start of the course cause the student to withdraw, we will review the situation on a case-by-case basis. At the discretion of the instructors, any funds that are recoverable and uncommitted may be refunded.
Under no circumstances can any refund requests be considered for students who have completed the course or who have been sent home early from the course. Furthermore, at no time can the instructor(s) refund charges that are not recoverable and have been commited on the student's behalf.