Peru Could Change Your Life - Lima, Peru
Dates: May 23 (arrival in Lima) - June 7, 2010
Estimated Cost: $3,600 (includes international and local airfare)
Application Deadline: March 1, 2010
You can participate in this two-week summer program and get 3 credits for a Theology course ("The Biblical Concept of Peace"), or a Sociology course ("Culture and Change in a Globalized World"). Saint Anselm faculty (Ahida Pilarski, Ph.D. and Sara Smits, Ph.D.) and local scholars from the Instituto Bartolomé de la Casas will lecture on a variety of topics: The Social Situation in Peru, the Political Context, Women in Peru, Peru in the Context of Global Economic Order, Interculturality, Migration and Immigration, Liberation Theology and the Church in Latin America, etc. This program includes also a trip to Cuzco and to Machu Picchu.
- Saint Anselm tuition (3 credits)
- Airfare for international and domestic travel (Boston/Lima/Boston + Lima/Cuzco/Lima)
- Lodging and food (3 meals per day in Lima and Cuzco)
- Transportation for the duration of the participants' stay in Peru
- Visit to Museums
- City Tours (Lima and Cuzco)
- Visit to the Inca Market (Cuzco)
- Trip to the Sacred Valley (Cuzco)
- Trip to Machu Picchu (Cuzco)
This program is open to all majors.
Participation is limited to 13 students.
Participants will need at least one letter of recommendation from a Saint Anselm College faculty member.
Financial aid is available contact:
Mac Broderick: firstname.lastname@example.org or (603) 641-7110