Applying shouldn't be the hardest thing about going to college. To assist you through this important process, our Office of Admission is here to help every step of the way.
To begin, please review our application plan options, admission requirements and deadlines. These sections provide information about applying for:
- First-year students
- Transfer students
- International students
- RN to BSN program
- Visiting student program
Common Application Update
The Office of Admission at Saint Anselm College is carefully monitoring the problems high school seniors and school counselors are having with the Common Application and supporting credential submissions. We will not penalize any student who was unable to submit their application by our November 15 Early Action deadline. Also, if an applicant is having problems formatting their essay in Common Application, he or she may email it to our office (email@example.com) as a PDF attachment. In the subject line write "College Essay" and in the body of the email please include your name, address, and date of birth.
If problems with the Common Application persist as we approach our November 15 deadline, we will provide additional updates. In the meantime if you have any questions or concerns don't hesitate to contact our office.
Saint Anselm seeks students ready to learn more about themselves and the world. We welcome people who are ready to contribute positively to our community through academics, student activities, athletics, and/or community service.
Admission to Saint Anselm is competitive. The Admission committee evaluates your application based on several factors: the rigor of your high school and/or current college curriculum; academic achievement; standardized testing (optional for all academic majors except nursing); writing ability; co-curricular activities, particularly evidence of leadership; and letters of recommendation from your college counselor and teachers.
At minimum high school studies should include:
- Completion of no fewer than 16 acceptable unit of secondary school coursework or equivalent
- Four years of English
- Three or more years of a laboratory science
- Three or more years of mathematics
- Two or more years of social science and additional credit electives
- No fewer than two years of a single foreign language; however, students are better served if they have completed three or four years of foreign language study
Application Plans and Deadlines
Early Action - November 15
- Non-binding program, students will be notified of their admission decision by mid January.
Nursing - November 15
- All students applying for the nursing program must apply by November 15 using the Early Action admission plan.
Regular Decision - February 1
- Applicants will be notified of a decision by mid March.
Please submit the following materials:
- Completed First-year Common Application
- $50 nonrefundable application fee or fee waiver
- Official high school transcript(s)
- Teacher recommendation from an academic teacher in your last two years of secondary school
- School Report Form including school counselor recommendation
- Optional for all majors except nursing - Official results of the SAT I or ACT.
- SAT code is 3748 - ACT code is 2522
Saint Anselm College is an exclusive user of the Common Application (either the online or paper version). Please visit the Common Application Web site to complete the application and required forms.