The goal of the Writing Assistance Program is to help students help themselves become better writers. Writing assistants do not evaluate or correct essays. Rather, they assist students at various stages of the writing process from brainstorming to proofreading. They will discuss essay topics, review drafts, and encourage students to revise their work. Writing assistants work with students to help them develop composing and revising strategies they can apply in all writing assignments.
Writing assistants are available at the Academic Resource Center (ARC) day hours Monday through Thursday, and evening hours Sunday through Wednesday. Drop-in service is available, but appointments are recommended. To schedule an appointment with a Writing Assistant, stop by the Writing Center at the ARC to reserve a time or call the ARC at (603) 641-7017.
- Writing Assistant Application (Word/34KB)
- American Psychological Association Writing Guidelines
- Modern Language Association Formatting and Style Guide
- Chicago Manual of Style
- A Writer's Reference
Writing Assistance Hours
- Sun: 8 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Mon - Wed: 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Thurs: 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.