Documentation on file for the applicant must contain the following elements:
- It must be current. Completed within four years of the student's enrollment at Saint Anselm College.
Note: This requirement does not apply to physical or sensory disabilities of a permanent or unchanging nature.
- A diagnostic statement that clearly states the diagnosed disability or disabilities. Specific language regarding evidence of a disability is required; terms such as "indicative of" or "suggests" a disabilty are not acceptable.
- A description of the functional limitations resulting from the disability or disabilities.
- A description that includes a list of all testing instruments used in the evaluation report and relevant subtest scores used to document the stated disability (this requirement does not apply to physical or sensory disabilities of a permanent or unchanging nature).
- A description of the specific accommodations recommended.
- An explanation of why the disability qualifies the applicant for each of the recommended accommodation(s) in a college environment.
- Typed or printed on official letterhead and signed by an evaluator qualified to make the diagnosis (include information about license or certification and area of specialization).
- The diagnosing professional may not be a family member.
- A school plan such as an Individualized Education Program (IEP) or a 504 Plan is insufficient documentation in and of itself, but can be included as part of a more comprehensive evaluative report.
For detailed documentation guidelines for disabilities, please contact:
Dean of Freshmen/Director of Academic Advisement
Saint Anselm College
100 Saint Anselm Drive, Box 1747
Manchester, NH 03102