- If continuing your education overseas after graduation is something you are considering...
- If finding a way to give back to society while continuing to grow as an individual appeals to you...
- Or building teaching experience while immersing yourself in another culture...
- If you are looking for a truly unique, career - and character-building experience, then the Fulbright program might just be for you.
All Fulbright programs are run strictly on a country-by-country basis, with each nation setting their own criteria and preferences. Many countries are particularly interested in sponsoring recently-graduated seniors.
Completed applications are due in September for the competition which funds study abroad beginning in the following September (or the January sixteen months hence for southern hemisphere destinations).
Therefore, prospective undergraduate applicants ideally need to be working on their proposals and making contacts in the spring semester of their junior year and over the summer before their senior year.
- Saint Anselm Alumni are welcome to apply.
Language proficiency is quite important for most countries and most programs, so pay careful attention to each country's requirements in that area.
After you've done that and have a better idea of where you might want to go, email the Fulbright Faculty Adviser at Saint Anselm College (firstname.lastname@example.org), and set up an appointment to discuss your project proposal ideas.