Main Content

Enrollment Changes

Changes from Non-Matriculated to Matriculated

If you begin as a non-matriculated student and change your status to matriculated, you are responsible for paying the difference between the cost of non-degree and matriculated course work for all non-matriculated courses taken. In other words, you must pay the equivalent of eight semester of full-time tuition for all Saint Anselm College course work before being granted a Saint Anselm College degree. Please note that financial aid cannot be awarded retroactively.

Residence Halls and Fees

All traditional residence hall students must pay the full residence fees, which include room and board. Any student receiving a monthly room rebate must be in residence in that room on the last day of the calendar month in order to receive the rebate. A student vacating the room earlier than the last day of the calendar month, no matter what the reason, will not receive the rebate for that month.

Students must furnish their own blankets, bed linen, and towels. Books and stationery supplies may be obtained at the college bookstore.

The annual cost of books and supplies may approximate $1,000. However, variations may occur, depending upon the student's course selection and major field of study.

Leave of Absence

A student may apply to the dean of the college, the dean of students, or to the registrar for a leave of absence from the college. Students receiving financial assistance must have an exit interview with the director of financial aid before making application for a leave and limit the time of leave to a single semester. A leave of absence for students not receiving financial assistance is granted for a specific period of time, usually not more than two semesters. Applicants for a leave must have no outstanding debts at the college. A student on leave may apply for an extension.

To insure transferability of credits taken at other institutions during a leave of absence, students must obtain prior written approval of the courses from the dean of the college or the registrar. Courses undertaken without such approval are not transferable to Saint Anselm College. Provided that notification of the intention to resume studies at Saint Anselm has been received by the dean of the college at least one month in advance of the semester of return, a student on leave may return to the college at the end of the leave without applying for readmission. 

Withdrawal From the College

A student desiring to withdraw from the College should consult with both the assigned academic advisor and the appropriate Dean. Students receiving financial aid should discuss the financial implications of this choice with the Office of Financial Aid and a member of the Student Financial Services team as there are often out-of-pocket costs associated with withdrawal as well as loan repayment obligations. The form for withdrawal from the College is available in the Office of the Dean of the College. It must be signed by the student and returned to the Office of the Dean of the College. The last documented academically-related activity, as indicated on the College withdrawal form, will be used to calculate tuition refunds and Title IV federal aid returns when applicable.


Students who separate from the college, whether by formal withdrawal procedure or otherwise, and who wish to return to Saint Anselm on either a part-time or full-time basis, must apply to the dean of the college and be accepted for readmission before they become eligible to register for additional course work at Saint Anselm.

Course work undertaken without having been formally readmitted to the college will not usually be credited toward fulfillment of graduation requirements. Students who interrupt their program of studies at Saint Anselm are subject to the academic regulations and degree requirements in force at the time of their return to the college.

Please refer to the current College Catalog for information regarding a leave of absence or withdrawal from the college.

View Mobile Site