Mobile E-mail for Your iPhone
How to Configure Your Settings
- To add an Exchange account to your iPhone or iPod touch, tap Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars, then Add Account, then Microsoft Exchange.
- On the next screen, enter your complete email address, domain: Anselm.edu, username, password, and a description (which may be anything you like).
- Your iPhone (or iPod touch) will now try to locate your Exchange server using Microsoft's Auto discovery service. If the server cannot be located, the screen below is shown. Enter your front-end Exchange server's complete address in the Server field (webmail.anselm.edu).
- Your iPhone or iPod touch will try to create a secure (SSL) connection to your Exchange server. If it cannot do this, it will try a non-SSL connection. To override the SSL setting, go into Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars, select your Exchange account, tap Account Info, then toggle the Use SSL slider.
- After successfully making a connection to the Exchange server, you may be prompted to change your device passcode to match whatever policies may have been set on your server.
- Choose which type(s) of data you would like to synchronize: Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. Note that by default, only 3 days' worth of email is synchronized. To synchronize more, go into Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars, select your Exchange account, and tap on Mail days to sync.