This audition is meant to assess your voice range, tone and pitch ability. It must be passed before you will be able to sing with the choir. In some cases, it may be necessary to arrange for individual coaching before becoming a member of the choir. If you have no prior experience, it is possible for you to become a member of this choir if you agree to regular coaching at the beginning of the year.
The audition has two parts:
- Basic pitch matching exercises to determine range and pitch accuracy
- Sing one verse of the National Anthem or "Happy Birthday" in any key that is comfortable for you, unaccompanied. Please do not adorn the solo or make it dramatic. We're looking for simple, pure, clear tone with good pitch and projection. Solo and schola (small, select groups) assignments are based on this portion of the audition.
- Monday, September 1, 2013 from 4-5:30pm with a rehearsal at 6 pm. You are strongly encouraged to come for your audition during this time period, as all spots may be filled this one day.
- Tuesday and Wednesday, September 2-3, 2013 from 4-5 pm.
First Full Rehearsal (New Students and returning choir)
- Wednesday, September 3, 6-7 pm.
Enter the church using the footbridge across from the large St. Benedict statue. Take the elevator downstairs and follow the signs to the rest rooms. My office is in that area and it's clearly marked.
- At the time of audition, if accepted, you will be measured for your Gown or Tux (required formal attire for concerts and special occasions). Please bring cash or a check made out to the Saint Anselm College Choir
- Gowns are $80 ($50 if a used one is available); Tuxedos are $135.
- For dress code information, click here