- What do I need to know about campus meal plans?
- How does my meal plan work at the Coffee Shop?
- I have special dietary needs, what should I do?
- I have a question about my meal card/ campus ID.
- Other frequently asked questions
What happens if I use up all my money before the end the semester?
Students who typically run low on funds toward the end of the semester may benefit from purchasing the Meal Plan Plus, which costs an additional $500per semester. You will also receive a $125 bonus credit on your meal plan account, bringing your starting balance to $3,065. The Meal Plan Plus operates the same way as the resident meal plan, with no restriction on how you divide your funds between dining locations and any remaining balance (less the $125 bonus credit) rolling over from the first semester to the second semester.
What happens to unused dollars at the end of each semester?
- For Resident meal plan participants: Unlike many other college meal programs, we roll over any remaining balance on your dining account from the first semester to the second semester! For example, if you have $100 remaining at the end of the first semester, you will begin the second semester with a dining balance of $2,540, allowing you extra time to spend your remaining dining dollars. You will have the entire year (both semesters) to use your meal plan, but funds will NOT roll over from year to year or be credited to your tuition account. .
- For FLEX meal plan participants: At the end of the semester, the balance (less the bonus dollars) will be rolled over to the next semester until you graduate. Any remaining balance will be refunded at that time. For example, if a student purchases the $800 plan, he will have $950 to start. If he has $200 left at the end of the semester, $50 will be rolled over onto his flex plan for the next semester!
- For Optional meal plan participants: At the end of the semester, the balance will roll over to the next semester until you graduate. Any remaining balance will be refunded at that time.
I go home every weekend and I really don't eat that much, so I have a lot of money on my card, can I get some of my money back at the end of the year?
If you are a resident, then your room and board includes your Resident Meal Plan. Whether you spend your money or not, or whether you use Davison Hall or not, your portion of operations costs is still necessary toward keeping Davison Hall up and running.
What is the difference between the food offered at Davison Hall and the Coffee Shop?
Davison Hall offers a 3 week rotating cycle of menus for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, in addition to a large selection of desserts. Stations in addition to the line include: the pasta station, the action station, the deli, the grill and the salad & bread bar.
The Coffee Shop offers a fixed and prepared to order menu. It includes a large variety of options such as marinated chicken breast plates, burgers, club sandwiches, grab and go salads, calzones, subs, and pizzas.
Special Diets, Nutrition & Food Preferences
I am a vegetarian, how can I be sure to find something to eat on a regular basis?
Davison Hall always includes one vegetarian or vegan dish at lunch and dinner. There are also additional options available daily, such as pasta and marinara sauce, the salad bar, veggie wraps at the deli, or veggie burgers at the grill.
I am lactose intolerant. Can I get Soy milk or Lactaid instead of regular milk?
If you have any dietary requirements, please inform a supervisor and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
I eat a gluten free diet. What can I have?
Davison Hall offers a variety of menu items prepared without gluten. These items are labeled on our web menus, menu signs, and menu identifiers in the servery. If you are having trouble meeting your dietary needs, please let us know! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, or if you would like to set up an appointment to discuss your dietary needs with us.
What happens if I lose my ID card/Meal Card? Report your lost card immediately by contacting someone at the Davison Hall front office, at x7750. If your card has been found and turned into us, it will be in the Lost and Found ID file until you pick it up. If your card is not found, it will be deactivated so that no one else can use it. You will be required to purchase a new ID for $10.00.
If your lost ID is turned in after you have already purchased a new one, we will keep it on file in case you lose your second ID. If this occurs, we are able to deactivate your second ID and reactivate your first ID at no extra charge. Any cards reported lost are always deactivated so that no one else can use them.
My meal card was taken from me by the cashier, how do I get it back?
Our dining staff is instructed to take cards that ring up as "Lost Cards;" cards that are damaged and don't work; and cards that don't belong to you. The card will then be forwarded to the Davison Hall office where you can stop by and resolve the problem.
My meal card doesn't work and I need a new one, do I still need to pay $10.00?
If your ID card is damaged in any way, it will be replaced at no charge, but you must bring the damaged card in to trade.
What do I do if I have a food suggestion or a great recipe to share?
Please post any suggestions and ideas in our suggestion box outside the dish room. We review these on a regular basis - your feedback is important to us!