All college publications should be designed around the logo and college colors so that the logo does not appear out of place. The color harmony between the publication and logo is crucial to ensure the graphic integrity of the college's printed and electronic communications.
The logo can be printed only in Saint Anselm blue, black, or white (reverse), and may also be reproduced as a foil stamp in blue or a metallic color, engraved, embossed, or silk-screened.
Individual logos for college departments are not allowed, except for Athletics, the Dana Center, New Hampshire Institute of Politics, and the Institute for Saint Anselm Studies, The Saint Anselm Fund, and the Alva de Mars Megan Chapel Art Center.
The Saint Anselm College logo is the central element in the graphic identity program. The logo consists of the date "1889" below the college shield with the word mark placed above or to the right. There are only three correct versions of the logo (shown below).
To download the college logo, the Office of Communications and Marketing posted the high and low resolution versions of the logo on the College Logos page.
The logo or word mark should:
- appear on the front or back of all publications and printed materials; within all titles for films, videotapes, and slide presentations; and in all print or television advertising.
- be used in its entirety as a graphic/digital image. It may not be separated into component parts, altered in proportion, or printed in color combinations other than those indicated in this guide.
- not be used with the word mark or seal, placed at an angle, or positioned off-sides.
- The Trajan font used in the logo may not be used outside of the logo or in a page layout.
- The logo should not be used as a background image or reproduced at less than 100 percent.
- The word mark and logo should be used in a size large enough to ensure legibility.
To help ensure the word mark stands out, allow sufficient "buffer space" around it-clear space without any other type or artwork. The standard amount of buffer space is 1/4 inch.
The college word mark consists of the stylized words "Saint Anselm College." The word mark is set in Trajan typeface in all capital letters.
To download the college wordmark see the College Logos page.
The word mark must always be used in its entirety, should only be used when design constraints prohibit the use of one of the approved versions of the college logo, and only with the approval of the Office of College Communications and Marketing.