The Office of College Communications and Marketing has the responsibility to ensure that all official Saint Anselm publications and printed materials project a consistent editorial and graphic identity.
To ensure editorial consistency among printed and Web publications, the college follows the guidelines of the The Chicago Manual of Style for all publications except Portraits magazine and news related writing, which follows the Associated Press Stylebook and Briefing on Media Law. Our guide for word use and spelling is Webster's New World College Dictionary. We have created an online style guide (www.anselm.edu/styleguide) addressing college-specific usage as well as the most common style questions regarding capitalization, punctuation, title, etc. For guidance on style questions not addressed there, refer to The Chicago Manual of Style, AP Stylebook, or Webster's Dictionary.
The Office of College Communications and Marketing, whether produced on campus or with external vendors, should review publications and advertising required by all academic and administrative departments of the college. As needed, the director of creative services will work with staff and faculty to assist with design, review, and content. Admission and development publications have scheduling priority.
The Office of College Communications and Marketing offers editing, design, and print production management at no cost to departments, to help create the best publications possible to meet specific needs. Photography, external design services, printing, and postage are charged to the department requesting the service.
We recommend Times, Times New Roman, Helvetica, or Arial in size 10, 11, or 12 points for letters or other written correspondence.
Color plays a special role in creating a distinctive identity. A beautifully designed publication can lose its connection with the college when the predominant colors do not feature and complement the selected college colors.
- In written materials, the logo, in one of its correct forms must appear on the front or back cover of all publications.
- The college name must be prominent in all publications.
- The name of a department should be separate from any of the college's identifying symbols.
- On the first reference, use the formal name "Saint Anselm College." Subsequent references may name "the college" or "Saint Anselm."
- Individual logos for college departments are not allowed, exceptions are listed on page 10.
- Official letterhead, business cards, and envelopes are ordered through the Office of College Communications and Marketing. Please use only the official letterhead, business cards, and envelopes for all college correspondence.
First Impressions Matter
Over the years, the college has been known by several names including:
St. Anselm College
The preferred method of referring to the college is:
Saint Anselm College