Following is the process by which courses are officially designated as fulfilling core learning outcomes requirements in the core curriculum.
- Core Course Designation Application completed by instructor (one designated instructor for courses with multiple instructors)
- Review by the applicant's department.
- Review by committee of the core curriculum.
- Recommendation of core designation by committee of the core to the Dean of College
Note: This application process is for core course designation of existing Saint Anselm College courses. Proposed new courses must first be approved as an official course by the college following the usual procedure (department, to Dean to subcommittee, to curriculum committee) before applying for core course designation.
Application Submission and Deadlines
The committee of the core accepts department-approved applications at any time throughout the academic year, but does not guarantee the review of applications for a particular meeting if they are received less than one week before the scheduled meeting time. Upcoming meeting dates:
• Wednesday, September 24, 2014
• Wednesday, October 15, 2014
• Wednesday, November 19, 2014
• Wednesday, December 10, 2014
Please submit one digital copy and one printed copy with signature of department chair of each application to Jane Vendituoli, Faculty Assistant for the Core Curriculum.
Jane T. Vendituoli
Humanities Office, Box 1724
100 Saint Anselm Drive
Manchester, NH 03102-1310
Phone: (603) 641-7720
Print and review Core Course Designation Policies and Procedures (PDF/225KB). Last revised October 25, 2013. Recent updates: addressing student learning outcomes (policy 1) and distributing student learning outcomes (policy 2).
Download template for learning outcome - revised May 2014 (.DOT/100KB)
- Aesthetic & Creative Engagement
- Global Engagement
- Historical Reasoning
- Linguistic Awareness - Modern Foreign Language
- Linguistic Awareness - Classical Language
- Philosophical Reasoning
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Scientific Reasoning
- Social Scientific Awareness
- Theological Reasoning: Biblical Literacy
- Theological Reasoning: Catholic Theological Reasoning
- Writing Intensive
(Optional) Provide feedback for specific learning outcomes (.DOT/84KB). Note: this feedback will be used to inform the faculty drafting committees that will be responsible for future revisions of the learning outcomes.
List of Approved Core Courses
A complete list of approved core courses is available from the Guide to the Core Curriculum.