- Saint Anselm College Expectations of Syllabus Information (Word/26KB)
- Syllabus Checklist (link to Cornell University Center for Teaching Excellence checklist)
- Sample Syllabus Template (Word/30KB)
- Backward Syllabus Planning (Word/30KB)
- Best Practices in Syllabus Design (Word/30KB)
- Using the Syllabus as an Engagement Tool (Word/26KB)
Geisel Library Resources
In support of the Center for Teaching Excellence, the Geisel Library has a collection of resources on teaching, learning, and other issues relevant to college faculty.
This guide highlights some of the best books available in Geisel Library on teaching, learning, and other issues relevant to college faculty. It was created in support of Saint Anselm College's Center for Teaching Excellence.
This guide is designed to help faculty locate useful online journal articles and Internet resources about teaching and learning. It was created in support of Saint Anselm College's Center for Teaching Excellence.
Academic Writing Groups Resources
- Resource List for Starting/Deepening Faculty Academic Writing Groups (Word/30KB)
- Ten Tips for Writers to Manage Time and Minimize Distractions (Word/30KB)
Workshop Related Resources
- Promoting Undergraduate Research:
- Quantative Reasoning
- "Recognizing when a student needs more than academic support . . . and what to do about"
Teaching Observation Resources
The center maintains a list of faculty members (Word/25KB) willing to allow colleagues to observe their teaching by appointment and after discussion. No special talent in any area is implied by being on this list, other than a willingness to share teaching experience. Faculty interested in observing a new teaching technique, or seeing how a technique works in a different discipline, can contact listed faculty members directly.