Permission to study at another institution
With permission from the registrar, Saint Anselm College students may take courses at another regionally accredited institution. However, students who wish to take courses in their major must have the approval of the department chairperson as well as the registrar for both the institution and the courses. The permission to study at another institution form is available in the Office of the Registrar.
It is the responsibility of the student to request that an official transcript be sent from the institution sponsoring the course to Saint Anselm College's Office of the Registrar, as soon as grades are posted.
General Course Requirements for Transferability
- Courses must be classroom based
- Courses must carry a minimum of three semester hours
Transferring Language, Philosophy, and Theology Courses
- Language courses: must be approved by the chairperson of the modern languages and literatures department and the registrar's office.
- Philosophy or theology: must be approved by the chairperson of the philosophy or theology departments and the registrar's office.
Transfer credit will not be awarded for the following courses:
- physical education
- paralegal studies
- real estate
- hotel and restaurant management courses
- online or distance education course
The courses taken at an institution other than Saint Anselm College will appear on the student's transcript, but the grades earned will not be calculated into the cumulative grade point average.