Undeclared students must declare a major no later than the spring preregistration period in the second semester of the sophomore year.
Freshmen or sophomore students may decide to change from a departmental major to an undeclared major for one or two semesters while investigating other choices.
Students Declaring or Changing a Major
- Change of major forms (which also serve as major declaration forms) are available in the Office of Academic Advisement or the Office of the Registrar.
- Declaring or changing to a major: students should schedule an appointment with the appropriate departmental chairperson for signature approval.
- Declaring or changing to the undeclared major: students should see the director of academic advisement who will meet with them and assign a new advisor.
- It is the student's responsibility to turn the form in to the registrar's office and to distribute copies to the appropriate offices indicated on the form.
- The "old" advisor will return the student's folder to academic advisement.
- The chair will assign a faculty advisor, who will receive the student's official folder from academic advisement.