Registration for continuing students is completed each semester in a two part sequence.
Preregistration with departments
- Students meet with their departmental advisor and select appropriate courses.
- Departments (for declared students) notify students about part one of the registration process.
- The registrar's office will send the department chair pre registration instructions prior to the pre registration period each semester.
- Office of Academic Advisement (for undeclared students) notifies students about part one of the registration process. Members of the Undeclared Advising Team also notify their advisees.
- The Office of Academic Advisement will conduct preregistration meetings with faculty members from the Undeclared Advising Team in the week prior to registration.
- Undeclared majors complete this process with their assigned advisor from the Undeclared Advising Team.
- The process is formalized by the advisor's signature on the form. The registration form is then submitted to the registrar's office.
Final registration via the Web portal
- Registration is considered finalized when the student completes his/her registration online via the Web portal.
- Students confirm their pre assigned major courses, and select core courses and free unrestricted electives.
- The Office of Information Technology notifies students via e-mail of their registration date and time.
- A registration is not finalized until a student has completed both parts of this process.
New students complete registration during the summer advising sessions in June, by mail, or during orientation in August.