In order to assist Saint Anselm College researchers in meeting institutional and sponsor requirements for research integrity training, the college is a member of the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI). This paid subscription provides online training modules in three key areas of research ethics:
- Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) Protection of Human Subjects
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
Investigators conducting research that is externally sponsored or which involves human or animal subjects (regardless of funding status) must complete the appropriate training module(s).
To complete the training, please visit the CITI Web site, and complete the following steps:
- Register and affiliate yourself with Saint Anselm College. This is essential so that SAC receives proof of your completion of training via a system generated notification.
- Select the appropriate course(s) (e.g., Responsible Conduct of Research, Human Subjects Research, Lab Animal Research) and the appropriate learner group (e.g., Social/Behavioral Research, Humanities, Physical Sciences, etc.)
- Complete the online readings and quizzes. You may log in and out of the system as many times as you need. It is recommended that you NOT try to complete the training in a single session. Each time you log in, you will be able to continue from where you previously left off. You can repeat quizzes and readings as many times as needed.
If you need assistance registering with the system or additional information, please contact Bill Ploog, Director of Sponsored Programs and Research at firstname.lastname@example.org or (603) 641-7174.