Charles A. Frueauff Foundation
Funds service learning, endowed scholarships and community service programming, tutoring at-risk youth, student leadership and development, preparing students for employment in non-profit agencies.
W.K. Kellogg Foundation
Funds volunteer programs relating to leadership, community development, and diversity.
Merck Family Fund
Funds projects which encourage youth to design, operate and evaluate ways to make a positive impact on the community. Support youth to research issues of concern, design strategies for change, and implement action plans.
Effective Citizenry encourages youth to take action to solve serious community problems in partnership with adults (changing institutional culture, policy reform). Promotes equity, justice, fairness, and inclusion in decision-making.
State and Federal Funds
Department of Health and Human Services
The Department includes more than 300 programs, covering a wide spectrum of activities. Some highlights include:
- Financial assistance and services for low-income families
- Improving maternal and infant health
- Head Start (pre-school education and services)
- Faith-based and community initiatives
- Preventing child abuse and domestic violence
- Substance abuse treatment and prevention
- Services for older Americans, including home-delivered meals
- Comprehensive health services for Native Americans