Knowledge, Creativity, and Freedom Program - Religion, Society, and Culture examines the role of religious traditions of the world in shaping social values.
The foundation is interested in: 1) Science and Technology: direct support of research; 2) Standard of Living, and Economic Performance: industries, dual-career middle-class working families, the role of corporations and nonprofit sectors; and 3) Education and Careers in Science and Technology: anywhere, anytime learning, minorities and women in science and technology, the university as a system, and public understanding of science and technology.
The Spencer Foundation
The foundation is committed to supporting high-quality investigation of education through its research programs and to strengthening and renewing the educational research community through its fellowship and training programs and related activities.
State and Federal Funds
Department of Health and Human Services
The Department includes more than 300 programs, covering a wide spectrum of activities. Some highlights include:
- Health and social science research
- Preventing disease, including immunization services
- Assuring food and drug safety
- Medicare (health insurance for elderly and disabled Americans) and Medicaid (health insurance for low-income people)
- Health information technology
- Financial assistance and services for low-income families
- Improving maternal and infant health
- Head Start (pre-school education and services)
- Faith-based and community initiatives
- Preventing child abuse and domestic violence
- Substance abuse treatment and prevention
- Services for older Americans, including home-delivered meals
- Comprehensive health services for Native Americans
- Medical preparedness for emergencies, including potential terrorism
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Works to develop and enforce regulations that implement environmental laws enacted by Congress. EPA provides research grants and graduate fellowships and supports environmental education projects that enhance the public's awareness, knowledge, and skills to make informed decisions that affect environmental quality.
National Endowment for the Humanities
Promotes excellence in the humanities providing grants for high-quality humanities projects in education. Awards fellowships and faculty research grants. "We the People" initiative provides funds to study American institutions, culture and history, and projects that explore significant events and themes in our nation's history. Provides grants for high-quality humanities projects in education, research and public programs.
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
The NIH consider applications for the support of basic or clinical biomedical, behavioral, and bioengineering research.
National Science Foundation
The EPSCOR Research Infrastructure Improvement Grant Program promotes scientific progress nationwide. It is directed to those jurisdictions that have historically received lesser amounts of NSF research and development funding; NH is one of these jurisdictions. No matching funds required. The program supports collaborative research between undergraduate and research institutions and also collaboratives between state universities and undergraduate institutions.
NSF Division of Undergraduate Education "Fosters connections by facilitating communication across disciplinary boundaries, across all educational levels and between academia, industry, and professional societies; encouraging faculty to combine teaching and discipline-based research; and collaborating with research communities and with NSF research directorates." DUE supports the following programs and activities
- Advanced Technological Education
- Computer Science, Engineering, and Mathematics Scholarships
- Course, Curriculum, and Laboratory Improvement (which includes the Assessment of Student Achievement)
- Federal Cyber Service: Scholarship for Service
- NSF Director's Award for Distinguished Teaching Scholars
- National Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Education Digital Library
- Robert Noyce Scholarship Program
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Talent Expansion Program
- Teacher Professional Continuum
For fellowship and internship opportunities.
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Division of Federal Aid
The U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration Program (WSFR) works with states, insular areas and the District of Columbia to conserve, protect, and enhance fish, wildlife, their habitats, and the hunting, sport fishing and recreational boating opportunities they provide.
U.S. Institute of Peace
Supporting peacebuilding projects managed by non-profit organizations including educational institutions, research institutions, and civil society organizations.