This Summer, IT&D built three new smart classrooms in Alumni 11, 12 and Gadbois 101. In addition, technology was updated in:
- The Dana Auditorium
- Perini Lecture Hall
IT&D has also constructed an Experimental Classroom in Poisson B. This space is available on request by faculty and is booked through IT&D. Please send your request through firstname.lastname@example.org, with a list of possible times. The Experimental Classroom is focused on active learning, with break out space for students. Please click here to view a photo gallery.
The Experimental Classroom contains:
- Four breakout student pods with flat panel TV, which can be used for wireless projection from iPad and Windows tablets and laptops
- Large instructor touch panel
- Apple TVs
- Advanced switching between flat panels to highlight student work.
IT&D would like to thank the Smart Classroom committee, as well as the Perini and Dana working groups, which worked to:
- Identify spaces, which would most benefit from smart classroom technology
- Survey faculty stakeholders on instructional needs for Perini and Dana.
For a sneak peek, check out a few photos of the Dana and Perini upgrades!
Summer Faculty Institute 2013: May 13th-16th
The Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE) and Geisel Library partnered with IT&D to offer a week long Summer Faculty Institute. SFI 13's theme was, "Fostering Student Engagement: From Knowledgable to Knowledge-Able."