The Common Data Set (CDS) provides basic information about a college. Topics include enrollment, admission, and yield figures, academic offerings and policies, annual expenses and financial aid, instructional faculty and class size, and degrees conferred.
The CDS is an effort by guidebook publishers, with the cooperation of institutional researchers and others, to develop a common set of core questions in a single instrument that can then be used by the publishers to meet most of their information needs.
2014 - 2015 Common Data Set Sections
- Section A - General Information (PDF/85K)
- Section B - Enrollment and Persistence (PDF/181KB)
- Section C and D - Admission and Transfer Admission (PDF/183KB)
- Section E and F - Academic Offerings and Student Life (PDF/91KB)
- Section G - Annual Expenses (PDF/88KB)
- Section H - Financial Aid (PDF/205KB)
- Section I - Instructional Faculty and Class Size (PDF/207KB)
- Section J - Degrees Conferred (PDF/158KB)
- Common Data Set Definitions (PDF/202KB)
- Previous reports can be accessed via our archived reports page.