The Center for Experiential Learning (CEL) is comprised of four offices: Career Services, Internship, Meelia Center for Community Engagement and Study Abroad. Collectively, the CEL serves as a bridge, connecting internships, community engagement, professional development and other co-curricular activities, into a mutually reinforcing learning network to better prepare the Saint Anselm College student for global citizenry while also addressing community interests and needs.
The Center for Experiential Learning (CEL) will be an institutional leader in developing ethical citizens for a global society. Through applied transformative experiences and programs rooted in the Saint Anselm College intellectual tradition, our students and graduates will be meaningfully engaged in the community and prepared for positive social and professional impact in an ever-changing world.
The Center for Experiential Learning (CEL) serves as a bridge connecting internships, global and cross-cultural education, service education, and career development into a mutually reinforcing learning network that prepares Saint Anselm College students to be professionally resilient ethical leaders and global citizens. Through collaboration with faculty, alumni, community and business partners, the CEL provides innovative learning opportunities and addresses societal interests and needs.
The purpose of our Center:
- To establish a more cohesive campus unit that governs most aspects of experiential education.
- To better foster engaged learning opportunities for our students by strengthening partnerships with alumni, community-based organizations, as well as businesses and agencies.
- To better ensure funding opportunities by showcasing collaborative efforts between campus units and more community partners.
- To showcase the College's commitment to fostering global engagement amongst our students.
- To further enhance the professional development of our students through interconnected, mutually-beneficial partnerships.
- To create opportunities for access to study abroad and intern full-semesters away from campus for all students.
Working in concert with the mission of Saint Anselm College, the goal of the CEL is to provide programs and services to prepare our students to become life-long learners, able to apply the skills acquired through co-curricular activities that will prepare them for personal and professional growth in a global society.
We look forward to working with students, faculty, administrators and our global partners, as we look to enhancing our experiential learning opportunities.