From right: Alane De Luca, Executive Director of the Center for Experiential Learning; Daniel Forbes, Director of the Meelia Center for Community Engagement; Kathleen Schnebel, Administrative Assistant in the Meelia Center; Sam Allen, Director of the Office of Career Services; Sarah Goolkasian, Associate Director of the Study Abroad Office; Sarah Mockler, Associate Director of Employer Relations; Carol Sacchetti, Assistant Director of Career Services and Shelli Vogeley, Administrative Assistant for the CEL.
About the Center for Experiential Learning
The Center for Experiential Learning (CEL) is comprised of four offices: Career Services, Internship, Meelia Center for Community Engagement and Study Abroad. Collectively, the CEL serves as a bridge, connecting internships, community engagement, professional development and other co-curricular activities, into a mutually reinforcing learning network to better prepare the Saint Anselm College student for global citizenry while also addressing community interests and needs.
The Center for Experiential Learning (CEL) will be an institutional leader in developing ethical citizens for a global society. Through applied transformative experiences and programs rooted in the Saint Anselm College intellectual tradition, our students and graduates will be meaningfully engaged in the community and prepared for positive social and professional impact in an ever-changing world.
The Center for Experiential Learning (CEL) serves as a bridge connecting internships, global and cross-cultural education, service education, and career development into a mutually reinforcing learning network that prepares Saint Anselm College students to be professionally resilient ethical leaders and global citizens. Through collaboration with faculty, alumni, community and business partners, the CEL provides innovative learning opportunities and addresses societal interests and needs.
The purpose of the CEL is many fold:
- To establish a more cohesive campus unit that governs most aspects of experiential education;
- To better foster engaged learning opportunities for our students by strengthening partnerships with alumni, community based organizations as well as businesses and agencies;
- To better ensure funding opportunities by showcasing collaborative efforts between campus units and more community partners;
- To showcase the College's commitment to fostering community engagement amongst our students;
- To further enhance the professional development of our students through interconnected Campus, community and alumni partnerships
- To create opportunities for access to study abroad for all students
Working in concert with the mission of Saint Anselm College, the goal of the CEL is to provide programs and services to prepare our students to become life-long learners, able to apply the skills acquired through co-curricular activities that will prepare them for personal and professional growth in a global society.
We encourage students, faculty, administrators and community partners to become better acquainted with the services offered by the CEL.