Special Collections Usage Policy
This policy applies to Geisel Library's New England Collection and Rare Book Collection. Since much of the material housed in Special Collections is unique and frequently fragile or brittle, it is essential that particular care be taken in handling each item. We request your cooperation in preserving this irreplaceable material by observing the following regulations:
- Sign in at the Circulation Desk.
- Materials housed in Special Collections do not circulate and must be used in designated locations.
- The shelves are closed to browsing.
- Only pencils and note paper may be used while working with materials.
- Only one book may be reviewed at a time.
- White gloves provided by the Library must be worn while working with the collection.
- Requests for photocopies of material will be considered when such duplication can be done without injury to the materials and in accordance with copyright restrictions. When allowed, single copies will be provided for the researcher's reference use only. Supplying a photocopy does not represent authorization to publish.
- All photocopying is done by staff at a charge of 25 cents per page.