Access the Chronicle of Higher Education from Your Desktop
Recent issues of the Chronicle of Higher Education are available in electronic full text through our subscription to LexisNexis. To access the most recent issue simply click on Chronicle's permanent URL, select "Previous Week" from the "Specify Date" drop-down menu, and click search without entering in any keywords. You can also search LexisNexis' full text archive of the Chronicle going back to 1997 by keyword.
You can access this title off campus by logging in with your last name and id number; feel free to bookmark the URL for future reference.
Create Table of Contents Alerts in EBSCO
Use EBSCO to have the table of contents of your favorite journals emailed to you, whenever a new issue is published. Alerts can be set up for journals that are available in full text or only as citations. When receiving an alert for a citation only journal, use WebBridge to locate the full text through one of Geisel Library's other databases or to place an interlibrary loan request.
To set up a Table of Contents Alert in EBSCO:
- Open up the EBSCO database for your discipline and click on the "Publications" link in the upper right hand corner
- Enter in the journal title in the "Browse Publications" box and click browse
- Click on the name of the journal
- Click the "Alert/Save/Share" link on the right side of the screen and select "Create an Alert"
- From here you will need to login to your MyEBSCO account or follow the directions to create your free MyEBSCO account
- After logging in you can start setting the preferences for your Table of Contents Alert such as the email format and length of time for the alert
- Once you are done setting your preferences click "Save"
The Table of Contents Alert will then be emailed to the email address you entered when setting up your MyEBSCO account.
Save Citations to EndNote from Any Computer with EndNote Web
Now, you can research from any computer and still save your citations to EndNote through the web-based EndNote Web.
First, set up an EndNote Web account while you are on the Saint Anselm network. Then, perform your searches from any computer and upload the citations you find to EndNote Web (for tips on how to do this, see the library's EndNote user guide). When you get back to the computer where you have installed EndNote, follow the directions below to transfer citations from EndNote Web to EndNote.
Create the Connection Between EndNote and EndNote Web
This step only needs to be completed the first time you transfer citations from EndNote Web to EndNote. This step creates the connection between the two interfaces.
- Open up EndNote
- Under the EndNote Web heading in the pane on the left side of the screen, click on "configure..."
- Enter in the URL: http://www.endnoteweb.com and enter in the same email address and password that you used to set up your EndNote Web account
- Click "OK"
To Transfer Citations from EndNote Web to EndNote
- Open EndNote
- Click "Tools"
- Click "EndNote Web"
- Select the library where you want to place your citations
- Choose if you want to allow for the upload of duplicate citations
- Click "Transfer"