June 27, 2013
Communications and Marketing
Saint Anselm College's Class of 2013 graduated on May 18 but is already finding success as they pursue career opportunities, further their education, and volunteer their time. A study completed in April showed that 98% of the college's Class of 2012 graduates are employed, in school or engaged in service. Eighty-three percent of respondents were employed within about six months of graduation and those employed hold jobs for which a college degree is required.
Members of the class of 2013 have been hired to work in a range of fields and organizations including Fidelity, Massachusetts General Hospital, Enterprise, New Hampshire Democratic Party, Boston Partners Financial Group, and the Dover, N.H. Police Force.
Those continuing their education to earn master's and doctorate degrees will enter the University of Notre Dame, Boston College, Boston University, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, St. George's University, and the University of Missouri to name a few.
In addition, a few are engaging in service as a volunteer nurse at the Franciscan Volunteer Ministry in Pittsburgh, Pa., in the Teach for America Program, and teaching English for 2 years in Beijing, China.
Just to Name a Few: A Sampling of 2013 Outcomes
Allyn Doyle, earning master's in education at the University of Notre Dame
Just two weeks after receiving her Saint Anselm diploma, Allyn Doyle traveled to the University of Notre Dame in Notre Dame, Ind., to begin the next chapter in her story: graduate school and teaching. Read more »
Jasna Numanovic, Account Coordinator at Christie's Art Auction
Jasna Numanovic of the class of 2013, has her dream job. As an account coordinator in the art transport department at Christie's Art Auction, she arranges the domestic and international transport of all kinds of art objects. Read more »
Jonathon O'Reilly, Web Developer at Christianbooks.com
Creating an e-reader application or a predictive personalized algorithm are all in a day's work for Web developer, Jonathon O'Reilly. Read more »
Jennifer Pace, earning Ph.D. in pharmaceutical sciences at the University of Connecticut
Jennifer Pace, of the class of 2013, dives into her doctoral program at the University of Connecticut head-first this summer, hoping her research impacts suffering patients as well as science. Read more »
Ahmed Saeed, Legal Assistant at LawServe, earning MBA
An interest in global issues led Ahmed Saeed to major in international relations and acquire a job as a legal assistant at LawServe. Read more »
Christopher Tinsley, Client Associate at Hegenbart Financial Advising
By the completion of three internships in finance, Christopher Tinsley '13 knew that Hegenbart Financial Advising after graduation was the right place for him to begin his career. Read more »
- Christina Cavanaro, nursing major, is a volunteer nurse at Franciscan Volunteer Ministry in Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Nathanael Chartier, philosophy major, is earning a master's in theology from Boston College.
- Sara Duane, nursing major, will be a nurse on the transplant unit at Massachusetts General Hospital.
- Caitlin Forbes, English major, is earning her Ph.D. in American Literature post-1900 at the University of Connecticut.
- Nicole Guimond, communication major, works at Clariant.
- Alicia Hanley, biology major, was accepted into the Teach for America program.
- Matthew Harnish, criminal justice, will join the Dover Police Department.
- Logan King, biology major, is attending Nova Southeastern University College of Dental Medicine in Florida. Learn more about our pre-dental program ».
- Ryan King, biochemistry major, will earn his M.D. from University of Central Florida.
- Daniel Klisiewicz, chemistry major and 3-2 engineering student, is finishing his final year at the University of Notre Dame earning his bachelor of science in chemical engineering.
- Martha Lombard, history major and secondary education minor, will teach sixth grade history at the middle school in Orleans, Mass. See more about majoring and minoring in elementary and secondary education ».
- Joseph (Tucker) Mullin, business major, joined the financial advisory team at BNY Wealth Management in New York City, N.Y.
- Jacob Ouellette, business major, is entering the Key Bank management program, where he will be in charge of five local bank branches in southern Maine.
- Conor Trask, computer science, was accepted into Fidelity Investment's LEAP Training Program.
See other alumni profiles »