During Saint Anselm College's 120th commencement exercises on Saturday, May 18, Commencement speaker Louis Freeh addressed 426 members of the class of 2013 as Father Jonathan DeFelice, O.S.B., presided over his final commencement as president.
As a surprise for the retiring president of 24 years, representatives of all 23 preceding classes joined the procession bearing their class year banners.
In his speech to the class of 2013, Father Jonathan recalled the determination of the college's founders and encouraged the graduates "to be proud Anselmians and to move on with confidence to form your future with the great gifts you have been given."
NEWS: "Father Jonathan Bids Farewell to his 24th Graduating Class" (College Communications and Marketing)
NEWS: "Former FBI head tells St. Anselm graduates it is important to give back" (New Hampshire Union Leader)
NEWS: "Commencement honors Boston bombing responders" (WMUR-TV)
SOCIAL: Tag your Instagram photos and Tweets with #SAC13 -- Retweets and photos are compiled on our social media hub, social.anselm.edu
Photos: Commencement 2013
Speeches & Remarks
- Christopher Tinsley - Student Address
- Audio: Tinsley's Student Address
- Faculty Award - American Association of University Professors, Presented by Elizabeth Ossoff, Ph.D.
- Father Jonathan DeFelice, O.S.B. - President's Address
- The Honorable Louis Joseph Freeh - Commencement Address [Pending]