Main Content

Declaring or Changing a Major

You must declare a major no later than the spring pre-registration period in the second semester of your sophomore year. This deadline ensures that you will continue to make progress toward graduation.

The Process: Students Declaring or Changing a Major

  • Change of Major forms (which also serve as major declaration forms) are available in the Office of Academic Advisement or the Office of the Registrar.
  • Declaring or Changing to a major: Students should schedule an appointment with the appropriate departmental chairperson for signature approval.
  • Declaring or Changing to the Undeclared major: Students should see the director of academic advisement who will meet with them and assign a new advisor. (Freshmen or sophomore students may decide to change from a departmental major to an undeclared major for one or two semesters while investigating other choices.)
  • It is the student's responsibility to turn the form in to the Registrar's Office and to distribute copies to the appropriate offices indicated on the form.


View Mobile Site