Main Content

Managed Care Insurance Info

Managed Care Insurance Information (HMO, PPO, etc.)

All Saint Anselm students are REQUIRED to carry health insurance.

If you will be covered by an HMO while a student at Saint Anselm College, please be advised that many HMO's refuse to pay for non emergency medical care by physicians who are not employed by their health care plan. This may necessitate that you return home for care in the case of an illness that is not an emergency. Also, medications are not usually covered if the medication is ordered by a nurse practitioner or physician outside their plan.

Medicaid from any state other than New Hampshire does not cover the student for expenses incurred in New Hampshire.

You and your parent or legan guardian need to be aware of exactly what steps need to be followed in order to insure that your HMO will pay for out-of-area care in non-emergency and emergency situations.

The staff at Health Services will do all that we can to insure that your son/daughter notifies the proper person regarding out-of-area charges for medical care, but ultimately costs incurred will be the parents' responsibility. It is important for the student to know the proper procedures for obtaining authorization for payment from his/her HMO provider.

Note: Insurance information for citizens of the United States or international students will be mailed to you over the summer or may be obtained from the Treasurer's Office or College Health Services.

You will be billed for college health insurance unless you return the WAIVER CARD with proof of insurance. Read more information about college health insurance and the steps you or your parent need to take.
International students may obtain forms from the Director of Multicultural Services

View Mobile Site