During these challenging times, the Office of College Advancement has been working hard to ensure that the needs of the College, our students, faculty, and staff, and the Anselmian community are met. Here are a few of our priorities in the coming months.
While the Hilltop may be quiet, our virtual community is flourishing and we invite you to join in as a way to stay engaged and enriched by Saint Anselm College. The Office of Alumni Relations is working hard to line up virtual courses, webinars, and other online events for the community to attend.
We know you may be seeking meaningful ways to help your fellow Anselmians in these difficult times.
- Peggy (Ridge) Buckley, a nursing alumna of the Class of 1981, is the Assistant Director of Nursing at the Maine Veterans’ Home, where there is a critical shortage of isolation gowns. Those interested in helping make gowns at home, please reach out to Peggy at Pbuckley@mainevets.org.
- We have also created a business sharing network. The Anselmian Business Connection includes information on alumni-owned businesses and provides ways to help others in our community.
Anselmians Helping Anselmians
Our 6th annual Days of Giving event has been postponed until May or June. In the meantime, Saint Anselm College has established the Anselmian Student Relief Fund to assist students who are encountering extenuating circumstances that might prevent them from continuing their education at Saint Anselm College. Since launching the fund, we have received a generous response and will be able to support students by providing:
- Assistance with housing crises and food needs
- Access to technology for remote learning
- Support for international students who are unable to return home
- Assistance with medications, mental health services, and other costs related to medical care
For more information visit the Anselmian Student Relief Fund.