The mission of the New Faculty Forum (NFF) is to welcome new faculty into the Saint Anselm College community and to help them become participating members. NFF offers opportunities for new faculty to get to know existing faculty across departments. NFF plays an important role in informing junior faculty about the functioning of the college, expectations for tenure and promotion, and college service duties. NFF helps new faculty fulfill the mission of the college.
In addition to the weekly pub nights, the New Faculty Forum hosts a number of events and presentations. Below is a list of the types of events that the New Faculty Forum supports throughout the year. Dates and further information about each event will be provided via e-mail.
- Informational Talks: Conversations with faculty on topics such as tenure, governance, and faculty handbook
- Interdisciplinary Talks: Presentation by new faculty members on their research
- Saint Anselm Athletics: Faculty, family, and friends attend athletic events on campus
- Fall Hike: Faculty, family and friends participate on a local hike
- Volunteer Event with Meelia Center: Faculty and family volunteer at Meelia Center event
- Fisher Cat Game: Faculty, family, and friends attend a Fisher Cat game
- End-of-Year Celebration: Faculty celebrate the end of the year at the Copper Door
The New Faculty Forum works to provide an updated resource list to share with new members of the Saint Anselm College community. If you are new to the area, use this list to take advantage of the expertise and recommendations from faculty and staff at the college.
Co-Chairs, New Faculty Forum
Sarah Hardin, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, History
Mike Matheis, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Economics and Business
Kevin Doran, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Sociology
Chih-Chien Huang, Ph.D. Assistant Professor, Sociology
Michael New, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, English
Liana Pennington, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Criminal Justice
Elizabeth Rickenbach, Ph.D. Assistant Professor, Psychology
Gilberto Ruiz, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Theology
Aubrey Scheopner Torres, Ph.D. Assistant Professor, Education
Diana Sherman, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Education
For more information on the New Faculty Forum, please e-mail NewFacultyForum@anselm.edu.