First-Year International Applicant
Non-U.S. Citizens need to submit all materials below to be considered for admission.
- Admission Application
Application Fee or Fee Waiver
A $50 fee is required with each application. Saint Anselm College will waive the $50 application fee for the following students:
- Visitors to Campus: Register today for an official visit before you submit your application and your fee will be waived. Students will receive details regarding the waiver within 24 hours of the conclusion of their visit.
- First Generation Domestic and International Students: For this purpose, a first-generation college student is defined as a student whose parent(s) or legal guardian(s) have not completed a bachelor’s degree. All other applicants can contact their school counselor to see if they are eligible for an application fee waiver.
Your high school counselor, or an administrator from your high school must submit your academic records. Your academic records must be submitted in English. The academic records should include grades 9-11 (or equivalent). Please have your college counselor email your transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit them through the Common Application.
Secondary School Report
Similar to your academic records, your high school college counselor or an administrator from your high school must fill out the Secondary School Report. This document should be completed in English and can be found on the Common Application website.
Letters of Recommendation
A recommendation letter is an important way for us to learn more about you as a student and provides valuable information about your development as a student in high school.
We require one letter of recommendation, either by a school counselor or a teacher (preferably from the last two years). We will also accept additional recommendations from teachers, coaches, clergy members, employers, alumni, etc.
If your native language is not English, or you are attending a school where English is not the primary language of instruction you must demonstrate English proficiency by submitting the TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo, ACT or SAT exam score.
- TOEFL: Minimum Score Required is 80 (internet-based TOEFL)
- IELTS: Minimum Score Required is 6.5
- Duolingo: Minimum Score Required is 105
- ACT: Minimum Score Required is 26
- SAT: Minimum Score Required is 600 (critical reading score-old exam) or 660 (evidence-based reading & writing score- new exam)
For non-U.S. citizens, we require that you submit a copy of your passport. The copy should be clear and can be emailed directly to Mercy Lara-Bautista, Associate Director of Admission and Coordinator of International Admission.
Certificate of Finances
The certificate of finances form (PDF/606KB) is required for all non-U.S. citizens.
We require that all non-U.S. citizens submit an original bank statement issued within the last 6 months. The statement is used to determine what you and your family can contribute towards the cost of tuition and living expenses. Bank statements can be emailed to Mercy Lara-Bautista.
Optional: Fine Arts Portfolio
If you are interested in applying for our fine arts program, you have the option to submit a portfolio of your work to be evaluated with your application. Saint Anselm College is partnering with SlideRoom which is integrated with the Common Application. Please contact the Office of Admission to learn more about how to submit your portfolio.
Credit Transfer Policy for AP & IB Courses
Students who have completed AP and IB courses may be eligible to receive credit. Saint Anselm College credit may be awarded based on scores received. All official test scores and transcripts need to be sent to the Office of Admission. The Office of the Registrar will conduct a formal review once you enroll. To learn more about receiving college credit, please view our Frequently Asked Questions.