There are many opportunities for long term service, both domestic and abroad, upon graduating from Saint Anselm. Since 2010 we have had over 145 alumni do a year of service with over 35 programs.
There are also great opportunities for short term or summer service through many wonderful agencies.
Reach out to Campus Minister Joycelin Raho to talk more about Post Grad Service opportunities!
Serving in a post-graduate volunteer program after Saint Anselm can be a meaningful way to serve in marginalized communities and engage questions of social justice and solidarity.
There are over 200 secular and faith-based service organizations to choose from, so we recommend spending time researching and speaking with friends and mentors about your desire for service.
For assistance with your discernment Process, reach out to:
Joycelin Raho, Campus Minister
Why have Saint Anselm graduates chosen to dedicate a year (or two!) of their lives after graduation to service? Some of the many reasons why students feel a call to service include:
- Experience during college on a Service and Solidarity trip, Road for Hope, Meelia Center local service or Urban Immersion
- Openness to encountering different cultures
- Desire to live out their faith
- Desire to live in a community
- Willingness to place oneself at the margins of society
- Recognition of benefits (graduate student scholarships, real-life experience in a supportive setting, travel)
Service areas, benefits, housing accommodations, and loan deferment, and a variety of other benefits are different for every program. Curious about this process and what a year of service could look like for you? Would meeting with a former volunteer or missioner help you in the process?
If you, a student you work with, a friend, or anyone you know is considering post graduate service, please reach out to
Please email Joycelin Raho at email@example.com
2022 Information sessions for post graduate service
Thursday, October 27 - Post Grad Volunteer Fair
Roger and Francine Jean Student Center Event Space
10am-1pm : Programs Register Here
Stay tuned! More to come...
RECORDED INFORMATION SESSIONS FOR POST GRADUATE SERVICE
FAQ Webinar - Is a year of service right for me? How do I start looking for a program? Come get all of your questions answered while speaking with Campus Minister Joycelin Raho, and her resources with the Catholic Volunteer Network.
Watch Recorded Event
Alumni Night! Listen to members of the class of 2019 who just finished their year of service as they share about their experience and answer questions.
Watch Recorded Event
Notre Dame ACE Program: Program Spotlight on Notre Dame's ACE Teaching Fellowship, giving you 2 years teaching experience and a free masters degree!
Teaching Service Programs: Education Night! Ed majors or any student interested in teaching, come learn about programs like: Red Cloud Indian School, Pine Ridge SD; Worcester Nativity Prep, MA; Operation TEACH in Baltimore; Seton Teaching Partners, Bronx NY; Mercy Volunteer Corps
Health Care Service Programs For nurses, pre-med majors, or just students interested in health care. Alumni and programs will join and share about volunteer opportunities that might be perfect for you! Come hear from Change a Heart Franciscan Volunteers; Christ House; Colorado Vincentian Volunteers and Mercy Volunteer Corps
Theology and Ministry service programs Theology majors and anyone interested in youth or campus ministry is welcome! This night is about next steps...so both volunteer programs AND Graduate schools with ministry assistantships will be in attendance. These two go hand in hand! Come hear from: Boston College School of Theology and Ministry, University of Dayton, and the University of Notre Dame ECHO program.
Virtual "mini fair"
Come hear from programs with placements in social work, social services, peace and justice, and more! Come hear from Amigos de Jesus, Honduras ; Augustinian Volunteers; Colorado Vincentian Volunteers, Episcopal Service Corps; Precious Blood Volunteers
Post Grad Service Programs that have hosted Recent Alumni:
- ACE - Alliance for Catholic Education, University of Notre Dame
- Amate House - Chicago, IL
- AmeriCorps VISTA - Manchester, NH
- Amigos de Jesus - Honduras
- Andre House of Hospitality - Phoenix, AZ
- Augustinian Volunteers - San Diego, CA
- Boys Hope / Girls Hope - New Orleans, LA
- Change A Heart Franciscan Volunteer Program - Pittsburgh, PA
- Christ House - Washington D.C.
- Christian Brothers Volunteer Program - New Orleans, LA
- City Year - Manchester, NH and Boston, MA
- Colorado Vincentian Volunteers
- Franciscan Volunteer Ministry - Philadelphia, PA and Camden, NJ
- Habitat for Humanity - New Orleans, LA
- Jesuit Volunteer Corps
- Jesuit Volunteer Corps Northwest
- Loretto Volunteers
- MAGIS - Univ. of Creighton
- Mercy Volunteer Corps, Sacramento CA, Savannah GA, Baltimore MD.
- MercyWorks: Mercy Home for Boys and Girls - Chicago, IL
- Operation TEACH - Baltimore, MD
- PACT - Providence Alliance for Catholic Teachers, Providence College
- Peace Corps, Uganda
- Salesian Lay Missionaries - Cambodia
- UCTC Teaching Corps, Boston College
- Vincentian Volunteer Corps - San Francisco, CA
* If you are a recent alumni doing service or know of another program that can be listed here, please email Joycelin Raho at firstname.lastname@example.org.