Every August, students walk from Lewiston, Maine to Saint Anselm College to raise funds for nine charities in Maine and New Hampshire. It is a modern-day pilgrimage that, in the words of the mission statement, "seeks to provide funds for the needy, strengthen the bonds in our communities, and rekindle the belief that every footstep makes a difference."
To make a donation to Road For Hope, send a check to the Office of Campus Ministry made out to "Saint Anselm College" with "Road For Hope" in the memo. Or use the website link below to make an online donation
Road for Hope Visitor Policy:
Families and friends are invited to send the group off in Lewiston, ME on Saturday 8/14 at 8:15AM.
You are all also invited to the finish line to welcome the walkers back to campus on Saturday 8/21. Walkers are estimated to arrive back to campus around 2:30pm.
Check our twitter and Instagram accounts @SACroadforhope to stay up to date throughout the week! Visit the blog for stories of walkers: http://blogs.anselm.edu/rfh/
Road for Hope Schedule below. Please note that times are best estimates!
Saturday, August 14
Basilica (Lewiston, ME) to St. Gregory's (Gray, ME)
- Start: (8 a.m., front steps)
Basilica of SS Peter and Paul
150 Ash Street
Lewiston, ME 04240
- Lunch: First Congregational Church: 19 Gloucester Hill Road
- Overnight: St. Gregory's: 24 North Raymond Road, Gray, ME
Sunday, August 15
St. Gregory's (Gray, ME) to Deeper Well Church (Standish, ME)
- Lunch is at a dirt parking lot on the left side of Rt. 35, on the Windham/Standish line, before the bridge.
- Overnight: Deeper Well Church: 190 Northeast Road, Standish, ME
Monday, August 16
Day 3 : Deeper Well Church (Standish, ME) to Massabesic Elementary School (Waterboro, ME)
- Lunch at Hollis Sports Complex (14 Lower Tarbox Road Hollis, ME)
- Overnight: Massabesic Elementary School. (340 Sokokis Trail East, Waterboro, ME)
Tuesday, August 17
Massabesic Middle School. (Waterboro, ME) to St Ignatius Parish Hall Gym (Sanford, ME)
- Lunch at Brothers of Christian Instruction
- Overnight: St Ignatius Gym: 25 Riverside Avenue, Sanford, ME
Wednesday, August 18
St. Ignatius Gym (Sanford, ME) to St. Charles (Rochester, NH).
- Lunch at Hen House Parking lot (approx. 1000 Broggi Hwy/202 Lebanon NH)
- Overnight:St. Charles’ School..19 Grant Street, Rochester, NH
Thursday, August 19
St. Charles (Rochester, NH) to St. Joseph's Church (Northwood, NH)
- Overnight: St. Joseph's Church: 824 1st NH Turnpike Northwood, NH
Friday, August 20
St. Joseph's (Northwood, NH) to Henry W. Moore School (Candia, NH).
- Lunch 8 Raymond Rd. Deerfield, NH
- Overnight: Moore School, 12 Deerfield Rd: Candia, NH
Saturday, August 21
Henry W. Moore School (Candia, NH) to Saint Anselm College
- Lunch: Derryfield Park: Bridge Street, Manchester, NH