Included below are some helpful safety tips for students on campus and in the local community.
Residence Hall Security
- Know who's at the door before you open it
- Take care of your codes, don't give them out to anyone
- Don't leave valuables in open view
- Hang up immediately on any harassing phone calls and report them immediately
- Walk with friends after dark
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Walk with confidence
- Trust your instincts
- Avoid jogging or biking at night
- Wear brighter reflective clothing
Safety Education and Awareness on Assault and Violence
- Respect yourself. A good relationship is worth searching and waiting for. Don't "settle;" you are worthy.
- Maintain healthy relationships based on honesty, respect, trust, and communication.
- Be a respectful and caring Anselmian.
- Charge your phone and don't walk alone. Make sure everyone gets home safely.
- Avoid alcohol. Being intoxicated greatly increases the likelihood of poor decision making.
- Avoid casual hook-ups. Most sexual assaults on college campuses are committed by known perpetrators or acquaintances.
- Obtain Consent.
- Support fellow Anselmians who have been assaulted.
- Hold others accountable for inappropriate behavior.
- Visit Anselmians AVERT for more information »
Emergency Telephone Locations
- Three are located in the South Lot.
- Three are located along the brick pathway leading from the Kavanaugh Lot and Benedict Court.
- Baroody Lot.
- Lambert Lane corner.
- Bernard Way.
- Bernard Court Lot adjacent to Dominic Hall.
- Bernard Court rear of lot of Holy Cross Hall.
- A phone is located in each of the athletic fields.