Access to the Abbey Church
Beginning on Sunday August 16, 2020, the Abbey Church will open only to students, faculty, and staff during specific times. Due to ongoing concerns and in an effort to prevent unnecessary risk, we are unable to welcome off-campus visitors including family, friends, and alumni. We realize this is disappointing to many, but these precautions are a necessary step in order to keep our students, faculty, staff, and monks safe.
The Abbey Church is open during the following times for students, faculty, and staff only:
- Sunday – 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM & 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
- Monday – 3:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Tuesday – 3:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Wednesday – 3:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Thursday – 3:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Friday – 3:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Saturday – 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Beginning on Sunday August 16, we will resume our “In-Session” Mass Schedule. In person attendance at Mass/Vespers is limited to students, faculty, and staff only.
- • Sunday – 11 AM & 7 PM
- • Monday through Friday – 5:15 PM
- • Wednesday 5:15 & 9 PM
- • Saturday – 11:50 AM
The Abbey Church will be open Mondays through Fridays during the monastic celebration of Vespers. Students, faculty, and staff may sit in the nave of the Church during that time. The Abbey will announce Mass Intentions at the Sunday 7 pm Mass.
As students arrive back on campus, the times for mass live-streams will change. Mass will be regularly live-streamed at 7 PM on Sunday the following link (https:www.anselm.edu/livestream-mass) and on Wednesday at 9 PM on the Campus Ministry Instagram Live. Additional dates will be announced as they arise.
Rules for Attending the Abbey Church
- Wear a Mask.
- Sanitize your hands regularly.
- Obey all posted signs and placards.
- Obey all instructions from staff members.
- The Lower Church Sacristy area is closed except for access to the handicap restrooms and scheduled programs.
- Only enter the Church through the 2 front doors. The accessible entrance is only available to those who need to use it.
- The church pews may not be used except during Mass and schedule programming times.
- Wipe down any surfaces that you come in contact using provided materials.
Changes to the wedding policy are ongoing. Please contact Dr. Susan Gabert, Associate Dean of Students/Director of Campus Ministry, for more information.