In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the following community covenant has been adopted. We all live in a close community at Saint Anselm College and we want all Anselmians to stay as healthy as possible. Thus, we are asking that all students, faculty, and staff agree to a community covenant.
This covenant includes an expectation (details below) to follow a 6’ft. physical distancing in all activities, wear a facial covering/when in the presence of others, and to practice frequent handwashing and respiratory hygiene practices, such as coughing and sneezing into arm or elbow. We also highly recommend that all students, faculty, and staff be current in immunizations including flu shots. While these requests may seem inconvenient to some, the College is committed to implementing the best practices of health and safety on campus.
Our Anselmian community allows us the opportunity to support, and be supported by one another. This pandemic has further elevated that commitment, and need for ongoing grace, compassion, and care. While we are adapting to the conditions created by this COVID-19 environment, and out of care and concern for colleagues and students, we ask that you commit to honor this Community Care Covenant:
In order to ensure my own well-being and that of others, I will commit to:
- Greet without shaking hands;
- Respect personal space and practice the six-foot physical distancing;
- Practice good hygiene (hand-washing, coughing and sneezing into bend of the arm or tissue);
- Regularly disinfect my living space and personal items;
- Work to mitigate spread of germs on doors, railings, and other high contact areas;
- Wear a facemask in indoor public spaces on campus and cleanse it regularly;
- Self-monitor daily and if exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, stay home or in your Residence Hall room and report to email@example.com;
- Journal general activity at the end of each day for potential contact tracing is suggested;
- Prioritize virtual or outdoor meetings with social distancing; and
- Extend respect, compassion, and care to myself and others.