The Housing We Need: An Event for NH Realtors
November 3, 2022 |
This is an invitation only event for New Hampshire Realtors.
Sponsored by the Center for Ethics in Society and the New Hampshire Association of Realtors, we invite NH Realtors to join their colleagues at the Barn on the Pemi in Plymouth for a discussion of our housing shortage over good food and drink. The event will include a presentation by Dr. William Fischel, roundtable discussions at each table, a live straw poll, a panel discussion, and more.
Breakfast and lunch will be served.
9:00 am Participant Registration and Breakfast
9:30 am Welcome:
- Dr. Max Latona, Executive Director, Center for Ethics in Society
- Adam Gaudet, NHAR President
9:50 am Update: NH Zoning Atlas
- Dr. Jason Sorens, Director of Research and Education, Center for Ethics in Society
10:00 am Featured Speaker: Dr. William Fischel, Dartmouth College
- “Local Control of Zoning and the Housing Crisis”
10:45 am Break
10:55 am Facilitated Roundtable Discussion
11:40 am Lunch and Straw Poll
12:15 pm Panel Discussion
- Margaret Byrnes, Executive Director, New Hampshire Municipal Association
- Nik Coates, Deputy City Manager, Lebanon and Select Board Member, Campton
- Karen Prince, Owner, R.M Piper
- Dr. Steve Whitman, Founder and Principal, Resilience Planning and Design LLC
- Sara Holland, Realtor, Sara Holland & Company
1:15 pm Close
Dr. Bill Fischel taught economics at Dartmouth College from 1973 to 2019. His 2001 book, The Homevoter Hypothesis, explains the advantages and drawbacks of homeowners' influence on local politics. Bill has served on the finance committee of the town of Hanover and is currently a member of the town's zoning board. You can read more about him here.
This event is sponsored by the New Hampshire Association of Realtors.
Date/TimeNovember 3, 2022 from 9:00 AM - 1:15 PM
The Barn on the Pemi (341 Daniel Webster Hwy, Plymouth, NH 03264)